Facebook

On a completely random note, why the hell is everyone getting so emotional about the new Facebook layout? Quotes like “I hate it with every fibre of my being” aren’t uncommon in the discussion board. Erm… WTF? It’s a website. Get a life.

Besides, the new layout (which frankly, isn’t really that different from the old one) is nicer. It’s nice not having to scroll through screens of crap (after waiting for it to all load and slow down my whole computer) to find something on someone’s page. How many walls does one person need anyway…?

Plus, it’s not like Livejournal here hasn’t changed a little since I first started using it…

This entry was posted in Imported from Livejournal. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Facebook

Being weird isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Actually, all of the most interesting people I know are a bit weird. :P

2. Ah, I figure if I can get used to something once, I can get used to it a second time.
    This is true. But I guess I’m really stubborn about these sorts of things though.
    Organizationally speaking, it looks more disorganized to me! I don’t mind tabs, but the tabs are in weird locations that I wouldn’t naturally look for in looking for a tab.
    But I’m weird. So, that’s that. ;)

Certainly!
    Markus Hammonds. At your service. :)

Gotta love the automated responses. :P
    That’s very meticulous of you actually — I don’t think I’ve ever been bothered to actually close an account anywhere…

See, as far as I can tell, now Facebook have done the new layout, it’s up to the people who make the applications to code them to fit. Of course, no one seems to be doing that because everyones too busy whining about how they preferred the “Old Facebook”.
    I think I’ve just seen one too many grotesque pictures on peoples “Fun Wall” — or whatever it’s called now. It’s nice to have the option to simply not look at someone’s boxes.

I’ve not been on there much recently myself, actually.

*shrug* Ah, I figure if I can get used to something once, I can get used to it a second time.
    Besides, I’m actually quite fussy about keeping things organised. The new layout is… organised. It’s nice.
    (Really, I don’t see why they don’t just keep the old layout available for those who want it though.)

8. Will you add me on facebook? I’m Amanda Jacob and I am in the raleigh/durham area.

9. underwr1tten says:

…and I am so happy I recently deactivated my Facebook account :p
    It was actually rather fun, and the “Reasons for Deactivation” form even gave me a little HAL 9000-style attitude! When I said “I don’t find Facebook useful” after deleting all of my friends and data, it suggested something like “You would benefit more from Facebook if you found some friends.”

10. The good thing is not seeing other people’s crappy applications. The bad thing is that you can’t choose what’s on a particular tab. For example, you should be able to have extended info with your regular info, not with the other applications. In the end it’s a lot of hunting around for things. I like the idea of having just one page.

11. madsophia says:

i guess i haven’t been on face book in a few days…..

12. I dislike the new Facebook look, but that’s because I’m one of those people who likes things that don’t change. For example, I’ve never changed the formatting of my LJ, although I have done two color scheme changes. For me, it’s more of having to deal with something unfamiliar, and that I don’t have a choice in the matter. If I change my LJ layout, that’s one thing because I have control in how I view my screen. But this is an involuntary change, and I cannot (eventually) change the format back to the old version when it’s changed over for good.